Here is the definitive guide on how to clean your room fast!
Your mother-in-law just called.
She is going to be pulling up the driveway in five minutes.
Your living room is a disaster.
What do you do?
We all know that cleaning and organizing is one of our main priorities as homemakers. But we also know sometimes we let it get away from us. Somehow our extended family seems to sense it because that is when they usually show up unannounced. Amiright ladies?
I have written plenty of posts on home organization tips, but I think this might be the most important one I have written to date because I am going to show you how to clean your living room (or any one room in your home) in five minutes.
How To Clean Your Room Fast!
- Find a large empty box, plastic tub, or laundry basket.
- Fill it with everything in the room that doesn’t belong there. Don’t bother to put things back where they belong, you don’t have time for that kind of nonsense right now.
- Hide the basket somewhere.
- I suggest the garage, closet, or under the bed.
- Fluff pillows and wipe down surfaces with a damp paper towel.
- If time, sweep and/or Swiffer the floor.
Obviously this cleaning method should only be used in emergencies. You will still need to go back and put all the things in the box or basket back where they belong after your guest has left. But when you are pressed for time, this method of how to clean your room fast is the best way to get the job done!
WARNING: This method doesn’t work in the kitchen due to the presence of dirty dishes. In this situation you should fill your dishwasher with the dirty dishes (don’t rinse!) and if there are pots and pans, hide them in the sink. Then cover them with a few dish towels. Your other option is to hide the pots and pans in the oven. Continue with step three.
If you liked this post but want to learn how to actually clean your home, here is my three part series on How To Clean Your House: