I have found the clock app on my iPhone to be a total life saver when I need to manage time.
Here are 12 ways you can use it throughout your day:
- Set the timer so you are only on social media for 15 minutes. When it rings, get back to work.
- Say you’ll do the thing you have been putting off for 15 minutes and then set the alarm. You will be shocked at how much you can accomplish in 15 minutes!
- Time your dinner in the oven.
- Use the Pomodoro time technique by setting the alarm for 25 minutes, then again for a 5 minute break. Continue until the job is done.
- Use the stopwatch to see how long it takes to do the dishes. Next time try to beat it!
- Time your exercise routine. I use it so I don’t cheat on my 30 second planks.
- Instead of worrying all day long, set your timer for 10 minutes and then worry about anything and everything. When the alarm goes off you have to stop worrying and get on with your day.
- See how many items of clothing you can fold in 5 minutes. How about in ten minutes?
- Use the stopwatch to see how fast you are eating. If you gobbled your food down in five minutes or less, slow down! Enjoy your food!
- When you have more than one room to clean in a day, set the timer so you rotate to all three rooms. After 15 minutes in the first room, move on to the next one. This way you don’t get bogged down and can get all the rooms done on time.
- Instead of telling your child, “Just give me five minutes” , actually set the timer to ring so s/he knows that when it rings it is their turn for you to focus on them.
- Set the alarm for that thing you can’t forget about but you know you will. The ring is much louder than the calender reminder.
Can you think of any other ways to use your iPhone clock to help you manage time?
For more on how how I manage my time, be sure to check out my 5 Time Management Techniques.