Have you ever tried broccoli salad? I happen to adore it because it is easy to make, can usually be made a day ahead of time, and in this case it is a real crowd pleaser. As a matter of fact, I ended up making this two weeks in a row for Friday night dinner because it was just that good! In this version the vegetables and fruits are coated with a tangy maple mustard vinaigrette with a bit of fresh tarragon- my little twist on a classic.
- 2-3 heads of broccoli with just the florets cut into small pieces. I used 2 bags of Trader Joes organic broccoli in my dish.
- 1 large crunchy red apple diced.
- 1 cup toasted and salted almonds chopped into smaller pieces.
- 2 cups grapes sliced in half.
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Juice of 4 limes
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon
In a blender combine all of the ingredients of the dressing and blend until smooth. Pour over the salad ingredients and serve. Can be made a day ahead of time, but leave off the almonds until ready to serve.