Rosemary Chicken Recipe
I am on the eternal search for delicious main courses that are easy to prepare and can be made ahead of time. The good news is I found this rosemary chicken recipe which has all of the attributes I look for in a guest-worthy dish. There are only a few ingredients, the preparation is quick, and the chicken can be served warm or at room temperature! I found the recipe via Pinterest where you might have also seen it labeled as “world’s best chicken“. The title speaks the truth because this is by far the best chicken dish I have ever prepared. However you must be warned that Dijon mustard is a major component of this dish, so if that isn’t to your taste, this recipe is not for you. But if you are like me and find mustard to be one of the great flavors of the world, then read on!
I am so excited about this chicken that I decided to make a video explaining how I make it. Enjoy!
- 4-8 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2-1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Stir the mustard, syrup, and red wine vinegar together in a small bowl. Taste to see if needs any salt and then add both salt (if needed) and pepper to taste. Spread over the chicken which should be nestled in a baking dish. Sprinkle with the fresh rosemary and bake for 30-40 minutes or until your thermometer reads 165 degrees. Pull out and let rest for at least 5-10 minutes. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- I often make this with bone in, skin on when I am serving company. Everything is still the same but check to make sure the chicken is cooked all the way through.