Wednesday, August 28

Come Check Out My New “Store”!

shopping3.1

In the past I have discussed my yearning to either open up a online boutique or start a line of vintage inspired clothing. I have decided to move forward with the clothing line, tentatively titled “A Lovely Frock”, and as soon as things get going in a few weeks, I will be sure to blog all about it. In the meanwhile I thought it would be fun to have a kind of shop linked to my favorite items from other people’s online stores.

It sounds strange, but hear me out: Instead of just randomly pinning or Facebooking different items I find that I love, I can have everything I discover in one place and organized by category. I know it isn’t a real store, but at the moment it is as close as I can get. You can click here or on the link on the left sidebar (your left, not the screen’s left) and be taken to the shop’s main page.

I went through all of my favorite stores, like ModCloth, Ruche, Nordstrom, Anthropologie, and others to bring you the best of retro inspired modern clothes, shoes, and accessories. The best part is if you purchase something you clicked on, I get a small percentage of that sale! That is how I pay for my excellent team and how I can continue to bring you new and interesting content. I hope you ladies enjoy this new feature here on The Glamorous Housewife and let me know if there is something in particular you are looking for and I can add it to the store. I am currently working on adding a maternity section and an “Under $50″ section, so be sure to look for those in the next few weeks.

1. christa says:

love it! cant wait for the maternity section!

2. Sabine says:

This nearly was mine… I had to have the Serena colorblocked purse from Ruche! I put it in my “basket”, browsed the jewelry section, then my daughter needed me, I came back to the computer, the purse was gone! There had been only one left. I had been looking for an affordable, large, yellow purse for such a long time, and I very nearly got it. Sigh. Oh well, maybe they will re-stock. If anybody knows a place where I can get large vintage-inspired purse (any color, actually), please let me know. I’m new to the US, any brands that come to mind?
    But having said that: thanks Bethany for your shop, it’s a great idea!
    Sabine

3. This is so awesomely excited and wonderful x 2! I’m beyond eager to see your clothing line. My goodness, that is no small undertaking by any means. Way to go, dear Bethany! You’re a constant inspiration in so many ways!

4. Heather says:

I thought I would throw this shop in Long Beach in the mix. Oh. My. Word! The dresses are to die for and they’re having a sale! http://www.adoredvintage.com

5. Lauren Martin says:

Um…a clothing line?! Get it Girl!! :D Can’t wait to see it, how exciting. good luck!
    Xx

• The Glamourous Housewife says:

Well, not a whole clothing line- just some pretty dresses. I mean who doesn’t want more dresses? LOL!

6. LaToya says:

LOVE! What a fun idea!

7. shannon says:

LOVE the organized look with mouse rollover. I admit I STOPPED clicking on a lot of your links because the source/price was rarely shown in advance and too often I wind up on some website with not-in-my-lifetime $400 shoes or I’d be re-directed to modcloth six times in a row. (hey, I love me some modcloth!) I understand that is how affiliate works, but it was just too annoying.
    Looking forward to your designs, contrats on making it to the next stage of awesome.