Comments

1. says

That idea gets my vote for sure! I adore mint green (I have mint green polish on my fingers as we speak) – it’s such a marvelous blend of peaceful and upbeat. As well as being sweet, classic, and completely pretty.

• BethanyThe Glamourous Housewife says

I LOVE it! The open shelves, the painted lower cabinets, the butcher block! It came together perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing :)

• says

Thank you. I recently considered painting the cabinets white. For a brief second, I thought it might be too much, but everyone who has come over recently has complimented the cabinets. So, they are staying!

~FringeGirl

2. says

I love the mint green, and I say go for it! We just did a big kitchen remodel last January and had the cabinets painted white (they were the builder-grade stained oak.) We hired a contractor and they used acrylic cabinet paint, so the doors and drawers were removed, everything was taped, and the entire kitchen was sealed in a plastic bubble while the painting was done. It took an entire day and smelled like a nail salon, but the results are amazing. If I had done it myself, I’d still be painting. :)

3. says

…I didn’t know I liked mint green so much, but goodness these are lovely! Definitely going to be needing a mint-injection to my go-to colours! Especially love the second to last pic, with the red oven and accents – a great twist on the usual aqua/teal/turquoise & red mix. Thank you for sharing this!! xoxo, Jess

• BethanyThe Glamourous Housewife says

Are you talking about the one behind the stove? I can be sure, but it looks like a piece of glass, and glass often looks a bit green when placed against white. I would take the picture to a tile or glass store and ask a professional what they think it is.