Thursday, December 27

Obsessed With: Mint Green Kitchens

I’ve been thinking of painting my kitchen cabinets mint green. What do you think? Should I go for it?

Sign up HERE for my weekly EMAIL NEWSLETTER!
 Subscribers receive a free inspirational printable
New private video chat every week!
*Your information will never be shared or sold!

1. That idea gets my vote for sure! I adore mint green (I have mint green polish on my fingers as we speak) – it’s such a marvelous blend of peaceful and upbeat. As well as being sweet, classic, and completely pretty.

2. Love these! I’m a big fan of bringing color into the kitchen.

If you do a kitchen project, I hope you’ll share photos!
    ~FringeGirl

3. Here’s my kitchen with colorful cabinets.

We had very little money for this remodel, so it’s very budget conscious, but I still enjoy the painted cabinets and butcher block counter tops.

Just thought I’d share…
    ~FringeGirl

• The Glamourous Housewife says:

I LOVE it! The open shelves, the painted lower cabinets, the butcher block! It came together perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing :)

• Thank you. I recently considered painting the cabinets white. For a brief second, I thought it might be too much, but everyone who has come over recently has complimented the cabinets. So, they are staying!

~FringeGirl

4. Catherine says:

I love the mint green, and I say go for it! We just did a big kitchen remodel last January and had the cabinets painted white (they were the builder-grade stained oak.) We hired a contractor and they used acrylic cabinet paint, so the doors and drawers were removed, everything was taped, and the entire kitchen was sealed in a plastic bubble while the painting was done. It took an entire day and smelled like a nail salon, but the results are amazing. If I had done it myself, I’d still be painting. :)

5. Karen says:

Those are all beautiful shades of green – go for it! I like the strong red in one of the pics with a red stove. A strong red accent is nice.

For some reason, I just LOVE this little kitchen I saw in The Kitchn, and she has nice minty green walls and beautiful red chairs. (She gives the source of the chairs in the article.)

6. Jess says:

…I didn’t know I liked mint green so much, but goodness these are lovely! Definitely going to be needing a mint-injection to my go-to colours! Especially love the second to last pic, with the red oven and accents – a great twist on the usual aqua/teal/turquoise & red mix. Thank you for sharing this!! xoxo, Jess

7. Lahryssa Byrd says:

Mmmhmm!! VERY pretty! I think I shall too. Beautiful!

8. Desiree says:

I love it!I vote yes!Goes great with red and lots of Jadeite!

9. Jill says:

I adore mint, jadeite, and vaseline glass greens. Nothing fresher in the kitchen than these colours. I say GO GREEN :)

10. Sydney says:

The color choice for my kitchen too!

~Syd

11. Selina says:

Mint green is so soothing. Paint the kitchen green!

12. Amanda says:

Your faucet is devine!

13. Shona van Beers says:

YES DO IT!

14. Heathre says:

Yes! Great colour!

15. […] source unknown image via the glamorous housewife image via whimsical world image via purple-ish […]

16. carol says:

Hi can you please tell me where to get the mint green acrylic or glas splash backs thanks

• The Glamourous Housewife says:

Are you talking about the one behind the stove? I can be sure, but it looks like a piece of glass, and glass often looks a bit green when placed against white. I would take the picture to a tile or glass store and ask a professional what they think it is.