1) Color block floppy hat: This hat is from Target, and is therefore very easy on the wallet. I love the turquoise color and the color blocking.
2) Vintage style custom straw hat: This has a high crown and the brim is not floppy. On the more expensive side, but very chic and should last a long time.
3) Black grosgrain sun hat: The trim makes this hat a stand-out. This has a smaller brim then the others.
4) Black and white striped hat: I am a sucker for a striped sun hat and this one makes me swoon.
5) Vintage straw hat: I adore the large brim on this hat. There is no way to get a sun burn in this bad boy.
6) Colorful sun hat: I noticed there was almost no color in my hat collection, so this one is a shout-out to the color lovers out there.
As you can see, I adore a wide brim for my summer chapeaus, mainly for sun protection. I also tend to respond to the more expensive hats, so I get more bang for my buck when I go with a neutral. And there you have it- 6 ideas for sun protection this summer.