First of all, I wanted to thank all you kittens for your kind comments on my very first video. I had so much fun making it, I decided to do another! I thought I would try my hand at a cooking video, and with Valentine’s Day around the corner, I figured a video on a fun, creative, and delicious Valentine’s Day inspired meal would be perfect. So here is my second video- please enjoy!
Cooking with The Glamorous Housewife: Heart shaped pancakes with sliced strawberries and a fruit smoothie.
Here is the recipe:
Heart Shaped Pancakes
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp oil
11/2 cups flour (I said 1 1/4 cups in the video, but that was a mistake! Eeek!)
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
2 Tbsp sugar
1. Beat the eggs and milk until light and foamy, about 3 minutes at high speed of a stand or hand mixer. Stir in the vegetable oil.
2. Whisk the dry ingredients together to evenly distribute the salt, baking powder and sugar.
3. Gently and quickly mix into the egg and milk mixture. Let the batter rest for at least 15 minutes, while the griddle is heating; it”ll thicken slightly. This is also the perfect time to slice your strawberries and make the fruit smoothies.
4. Heat a heavy frying pan over medium heat, and then use butter to keep the pancakes from sticking.
5. Using your ‘ketchup’ container, gently squeeze the batter onto the pan making heart shapes. You can fill the pancake in, or swirl the batter for a lacier look. These cook quickly, so try flipping after 1-2 minutes.
6. Cook the other side for 1-2 minutes and then keep warm in the oven.
7. Serve with sliced strawberries, fruit smoothies, syrup and/or powdered sugar.