Funny Vintage Advertisements

As I peruse my vintage magazines, I can’t help but be amused by the ads throughout. Some of them are naive, some of them are silly, and some of them are downright offensive. It is fun to see how far we have come, and how sometimes, we have gone too far.
I can not believe they used to advertise Thorazine! And to keep old people calm!
Ah, I see. If I keep my¬†vajayjay clean, then my husband won’t be such an asshole. It all makes sense now!
So wrong.
This ad made me laugh out loud. Can you even imagine putting soda in a bottle these days?
Can you imagine a soap using a baby that has fallen out of a tub as an advertising gimmick these days?
Oh, honey, please! At least she has panties on, which is more than I can say for some of the young starlets these days!
So, so wrong.
This is a personal favorite, because every time I mess up dinner my husband quotes the above ad and it always makes me feel better.

Comments

1. Abby says

Thank you so much for posting these. I really enjoyed them over my coffee this morning. The Lysol wasn’t for cleaning your house, though. It was for cleaning your hoo-hoo. Yikes!!!

2. A Gift Wrapped Life says

These ads are making me crazy! Thanks for the good chuckle and thankful that times have improved…..I think.

3. redhedgingerbread says

Whoa. Seriously, WHOA!!!!! Craziness, indeed we have come a long way… but really not all that long ago!

4. Miss B. says

Those a are hilarious! They made me laugh so hard. Especially the one about soda and “fitting in” i guess i never drank enough soda!

5. Chickens in the Basement says

Thanks for the laugh! Can you imagine your husband trying to turn you over his knee for a spanking? It would be the last thing he ever did!
    Anna

6. The Glamorous Housewife says

What! I guess I didn’t read it carefully enough. I got lasik on Tuesday so I was trying not to spend too much time on the computer the last few days. Except now it makes it just that much funnier!

7. Richard @ The Bewildered Brit says

Blimey O’Riley! These are unbelievable! :) “Is it always illegal to kill a woman?”!!!! How on earth did they get away with that?!

8. Anonymous says

I’m trying to understand the idea behind the Pitney Bowes ad… Did she use too much postage this month? Is she not letting him use the meter? I honestly can’t figure this one out…

9. AnnA says

Awesomeness! lol That Lysol thing is freaking me out… Back before that ad was made, women were using other household cleaners like that, which also boasted birth control power. So many ended up with awful burns and irreversible damage.

But this was still so darn funny. :) Love it!